Cheryle Grisham from Artistic Hardscapes shares some tips on taking care of decorative concrete.
- Cheryle can you give us some advice on how to keep that fresh look of Decorative Concrete?
- Taking care of Decorative Concrete residentially is pretty simple. Decorative concrete is very durable, however, it can become soft if solvent materials are spilled on it. Homeowners need to take caution not to pour any solvent-based chemicals on or over the decorative concrete. Also, keep all painting projects off the decorative concrete.
- Can you share some Maintenance tips with us?
- Artistic Hardscapes recommends pressure washing the concrete every two years. We recommend using a professional for pressure washing.
- Here in the Mid-South area, the concrete needs to be resealed about every four years with an acrylic sealer. We use a 25% solids, non-yellowing acrylic sealer.
- The decorative concrete might have an appearance that the color is fading or in some cases even look like it's gone. After cleaning the surface in most cases, and then sealing, the sealer will revitalize the color completely. If it has been many years since a protective seal coat, there will be recoloring necessary.
We also recommend a professional service company that is familiar with coloring, staining, and sealing decorative concrete. You sure don't want to end up with UGLY concrete.
Artistic Hardscapes is renowned for being the go-to choice for homeowners and businesses in need of concrete solutions. Whether you’re looking to beautify the exterior of your property with stamped concrete or you want to improve the interior of your home or building with concrete flooring, Artistic Hardscapes can help you every step of the way.
#grabmyCARD Learn more about Artistic Hardscapes